Inspired by the Japanese notion of Shibui, an aesthetic of subtle and unobtrusive beauty, the Shibui embraces pared-back simplicity and functionality.
Made to order. Current production time 8-10 weeks.
- Use as a room divider or against a wall as a large-scale bookshelf
- Original design and light, simple lines
- Simple to reconfigure shelves as per your needs
- Designed and made in Melbourne
- Made from sustainably forested solid Tasmanian Oak and architectural-grade pressed Birch
- Custom made brass details
- Low VOC water-based finish
- W 2240mm x D 370mm x H 1731mm
- Internal shelf height - small - 180mm
- Internal shelf height - mid - 370mm
- Internal shelf height - large - 760mm
NOTE: All Shibui units above 150cm high must be attached to an appropriate structural component of the building using suitable means, as advised by a qualified tradesperson. Freestanding units can become unstable and may topple if climbed upon. The degree of instability depends on many variables and the purchaser needs to be aware of potential instability problems and seek to minimise them. It is undesirable to place objects of interest to children in view on this type of furniture item. Children may be tempted to climb on the furniture item to retrieve the objects, causing the unit to tip and cause injury. Furniture items can tip under certain circumstances, especially when placed on carpet, uneven or sloping flooring, or when subject to extreme use.