Shibui Room Divider
Shibui is a stylish alternative to the classic bookcase. Designed to be enjoyed both as a room divider or large bookshelf.
One of the greatest strengths of the shelving system is its simplicity, which originates from the Japanese notion of 'Shibui' a Japanese term that refers to an aesthetic of simple, subtle and unobtrusive beauty.
- Clean lines and considered materials add an understated, refined appeal to your home.
- A balance of simplicity, strength and visual lightness
- Perfect for both homes and offices.
- Scalloped architectural grade birch ply shelves envelope solid Tasmanian oak supports. Custom-made brass details punctuate each shelf.
- Made from FSC certified solid Tasmanian Oak and Birch ply.
- Finished with a low VOC water-based lacquer for a natural yet modern tone.
- Designed and made in Australia by Plyroom.
- Wipe clean with a damp cloth to remove dirt and dust. Oils or other polishes are not recommended.
W 2240 x D 370 x H 1731mm
Limited release available June.
All Shibui units above 150cm high must be attached to an appropriate structural component of the building using suitable means, as advised by a qualified tradesperson. Freestanding units can become unstable and may topple if climbed upon. The degree of instability depends on many variables and the purchaser needs to be aware of potential instability problems and seek to minimise them. It is undesirable to place objects of interest to children in view on this type of furniture item. Children may be tempted to climb on the furniture item to retrieve the objects, causing the unit to tip and cause injury. Furniture items can tip under certain circumstances, especially when placed on carpet, uneven or sloping flooring, or when subject to extreme use.